jueves, 23 de enero de 2014

I WILL NEVER BE TOO OLD FOR DISNEY (English Version)

Hello hellooooo!
Here... Again Y'know what they say, "better late than never" and I was waiting for something really exciting happened to me to tell around here...

My first au pair year come to an end the 7th of January and we celebrate it at home, a little, with a small cake with raspberries and chocolate, courtesy of my HostDad (Best HD ever!) But the best was yet to come. The next day we went to DisneyWorld in Orlando, Florida. I went to Disneyland Paris a few years ago with some friends... but I was just as if not knowing what was going on there. I could not wait to get there... I wanted to see EVERYTHING! I wanted to see the characters, princesses, get on the rides, buy some Minnie ears with a bow (as I did in Paris too), take lots of picss, enjoy the weather... AAAAAAAAAW ... I was like a little girl ...

Well, we arrived at our hotel which was inside Disney, ALL STAR MOVIES RESORT. Very cool! It was divided into several sections and I think ours was the coolest: TOY STORY! 
As you got close to the buildings you found RC, the green car of the movie! TOTAL CRUSH!!
In the main area, were the stars... Buzz and Woody! And they were accompanied by Rex and Bo Peep (the shepherdess in love with Woody)



The truth is that I did not know DisneyWorld was composed of several parks. If I'm not mistaken I think they are 6! Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney and a water park. We were in all but Hollywood Studios and at the water park, and I think it was because we did not have more days ... LOL!*




The thing is, besides going to the parks and have fun... we had gone because my HD and my HM would run in runDisney Races. Some races held every year in January.
The races were: FAMILY FUN RUN 5K, 10K, HALF MARATHON (13.1 miles), MARATHON (26.2 miles), GOOFY CHALLENGE (half marathon & marathon) and DOPEY CHALLENGE (ALL OF THE ABOVE)

Just tell you my HostDad's crazy and living on the edge, and without thinking twice he enrolled himself on the DOPEY CHALLENGE. Of course, the man had trained months... months... and months... But still... It is INSANE!! 
My HostMom also ran, but only had time to run the first (I think...)  She got injured and couldn't run anymore... (you're all crying ... I KNOW!) I cried too... Of course I cried... . I cried before and after running the HALF MARATHON WITHOUT TRAINING AT ALL! Now that's living to the limit! hahaha 
The thing is that once you sign up (and pay...) have to run, because if you don't run you don't get the medal... And what do you want me to tell you, the medals are VEDDY COOL! 
Soooo... we were going quietly walking through Epcot and the following situation occurs ...

>>My HM complaining that the next day she will not be able to run... and she had the excellent idea to say, since she can not run any more... DIANA, YOU WILL RUN!!
At that time the only thing that was going through my head was... ESCAPE. But how this woman thought I was going to run?? 

Then comes my HD... He begins to tell me not to worry, that I can do it... And he says, "... you're in shape, you do BootCamp 5 days a week!"
Of course I do BootCamp!!... but I don't train to run 13.1 miles! That's not the same!
My hosts laughed and continued their "extortion"... So, after tell me how the race was going to be, convince me that it is a race for fun, that there is no need to run all the time, and that the medal would be for me... (BLING BLING)... they ended up convincing me.

And you will say, "they did not take much to convince you ..." "Such a little personality..." NO NO NO. None of that. They were giving me the chance to do something I had never done in my life and I thought I could not do... It was now more like a challenge... A challenge to prove to myself that I CAN DO IT! A challenge that I accepted with all the consequences...
The next day we woke up at 2.15 am. At 3:15 a.m. my HD and I were out of the room.
The race started at 5:30...
Well the thing was not bad! Even I enjoyed it well! Throughout the race were Disney characters and you could take pictures with them... Great!
I finished the race 30 minutes after my HD finished... I got the medal (wiiiiiii. ..)
At that moment I realized that my HD was right. I could do it. And I DID IT! Obviously my time was not the best in the world, but I was not worried about the time... I did that to do something new. 
Crazy, sure, but ... I HAD A BLAST!!!<<



 




The rest of days, my host, the moquitos, my soreness and I were in the parks.
Animal Kingdom was entertaining. The roller coaster "Expedition Everest" was great! I don't remember how many times we set... but there were many!
We saw lots of animals and we even did a mini safari!


Downtown Disney. I loved it. The truth is it's not an amusement park as such. It is a place with restaurants, shops ... But it was fine.




Magic Kingdom .... I LOVED IT! I was there like a child... Aaaaaaaw... My goal was to take pictures with all the princesses! lol 
This park is spectacular! It's all beautiful... The Main Street with all its shops... Each area of ​​the park set in a different way... The characters walking around to the delight of children and adults... The parade, with its floats, music and dancers... And the fireworks... SUCH A BEAUTIFUL THING! First a proyeción of images and sounds on the facade of the castle recalling some of the most significant films and Disney characters, then the decrease of Tinkerbell from the very top of the castle to the other side of the park, flying above our heads! ! That was too cool! And then the great fireworks display... WONDERFUL!










That's all. These have been my first vacation in 2014 and I think I will never forget! 
Have been quite an experience!!
The parks have seemed to me the best, I think everyone, at least once in life, you should go to DisneyWorld, its definitely worth it... But for me, the best and most rewarding experience has been the opportunity to run the Half Marathon. 
That race that seemed crazy and I ended up very decently... That race I didn't think I would be able to accomplish, but my HD showed me that I CAN DO IT (and I did!). Now, thanks to that I feel great, I feel like I can do more things than I thought... And as the saying goes... "I never lie down without knowing one more thing."


See ya!!
Muacks! 

1 comentario:

  1. holaa! yo soy au pair en minnesota, por si quieres leer mi blog: gabyaventurera.blogspot.com

    ResponderEliminar